WordPress is the biggest blogging platform in the world. It has been very popular since its advent and has been also a great platform for websites and online applications as well. It is easy to use and easy to customize. It is also known as a great content management system. Many websites are migrating to WordPress because it is an ideal platform for any website. The newer versions of WordPress are very much advanced and the advantage is that you can download for free.
But having a website is not enough. The main idea is to reach out to the target audience. You need to generate enough traffic towards your website. If you are not in the face of the audience then no one will notice you. There are many ways you can generate traffic for your website. Let’s have a look at some tips that can help in increasing the traffic on our WordPress website.
• The first thing that is needed in any website is quality content. Without quality content, no website can be successful. To get a higher ranking on Google you need to focus more on your content. Update your content on regular basis and always post fresh and unique content. This will also keep the audience interested at all times and they will keep coming back to your website/blog. Quality content is a good reason for you to come out on top.
[ Don't Miss: Top 8 Ways to Boost Traffic to Your Site ]
• To get better response try posting during business hours and always post on weekdays. There is more possibility of someone checking out your blog during these times instead of a weekend. Post at different times and check between what times you get the maximum views. Once you figure that out post during those hours.
• Many users would put maximum number of keywords in the Tags section. But instead of this the best thing to do would be concentrating on a few keywords that have the potential to generate good results for your website. Concentrate on four or five keywords and never overpower your content with a lot of keywords.
• You can also make use of the WordPress update service. This will update other website when you make new posts on your blog or website. This will bring more visitors to your website. WordPress will ping other websites through Ping-o-Matic with the default listings. But if you want to add more sites then you can do it mechanically.
[ Don't Miss: 5 Tips to Make Your Blog Popular ]
• Any website should be using Google Analytics in order to stay updated about the stats of your website. This will show you how much traffic your website is generating and that way you will know which areas to concentrate while doing SEO for your website. Based on the reports you can also strategize your efforts so that you can generate more results.
• Your content should always be optimized and SEO friendly. You should also optimize the images and the ALT tags on your website. This can really help you in your SEO activities and will help you achieve a higher ranking.
• WordPress offers thousands of cool themes to their users. You can choose a theme that is SEO friendly and loads quickly without any hassles. Use the onboard SEO tools provided by WordPress and this will definitely help you to improve your rankings on the search engine.
• Choose topics that will attract visitors at all times. Identify such topics and write about them so that more visitors will take interest in reading it. Have a few topics that will instantly attract attention, so that these posts will attract attention for a very long time.
Image source: zeebero.com
Do you have any tips to increase website traffic? Do share your views in the comment section, we’ll be glad to hear from you. Authored by Daniel – Edited by Nizam Khan * This guest post is contributed by Daniel.