• What are Google sitelinks?
Google sitelinks are those links that appear below the first result when someone types a website/blog name. Those links are generated by Google algorithm that appears below the blog listing in search results. Techalam has now got Google sitelinks (total of six), you can check it by typing our blog name (Techalam) on Google. Below is the screenshot of the search results from Google for our blog name.
• Getting Google Sitelinks
This automatic process done by Google algorithm and usually one gets sitelinks if the blog is set as an authority.
· Blog needs to have good amount of quality links.
· There should be searches for the blog name.
· Unique and quality content is very important for getting sitelinks.
· Blogs should be SEO optimized, with title/meta description.
· If a blog’s CTR is high on search engine, then it’s easy to get sitelinks.
· Having Google authorship can be very helpful to get sitelinks.
· Blog should be atleast 5-6 months old.
• Why to have Google Sitelinks?
Below are some of the benefits of having Google sitelinks for the blog:
· It gives more exposure to the blog.
· It increases blog’s credibility.
· It increases the trust for the visitors/readers as an established blog.
· It assures that the blog content is good and trusted by search engine.
Here is a video explaining on how Google sitelinks are generated by Mat Cutts.
[media url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpR34uwujeY" width="100%" height="400"]
What factors do you consider for getting Google Sitelinks? Do share your views in the comment section, we’ll be glad to hear from you.